Things you'll needIngredients
- 2 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 brick of cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 stalks of parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 5.5 oz. tomato juice
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Pinch of salt, pepper and sugar (optional)
- Wonder Woman cookie cutter (small and medium)
Let's get started!
- In a large saucepan, add the carrots, celery and garlic.
- Add the bay leaves and some olive oil then place over medium heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes and half of the chopped basil.
- Tie the thyme and parsley together then add to the saucepan.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato juice, tomato paste and the heavy cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and remove the thyme, parsley and bay leaves.
- Add the remaining basil, pepper flakes and butter. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
Time to decorate!
- Cut slices of cheese about 1/4" thick.
- Using the bigger cookie cutter, cut the Wonder Woman logo from the cheese slices. Remove the excess.
- Take the smaller cookie cutter and place it in the middle of the bigger logo. Press it halfway in.
- Pour the soup in a bowl.
- Place the Wonder Woman cheese slice on top. Serve with crackers on the side.
Written By Rosanna Pansino