A homemade candy recipe from The Nerdy Nummies Cookbook. This Zelda Rupee Candy will enrich your party with flavor!
Makes 12 candies
Things you'll need
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup light corn sugar
- 1 teaspoon green apple oil
- 1 drop green dye
- 1 teaspoon blueberry oil
- 1 drop blue dye
- 1 teaspoon strawberry oil
- 1 drop red dye
- Rubber spatula
- Small pot
- Glass measuring cup with spout
- Candy thermometer
- Ro’s silicone gem molds
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Let's get started!
- In a small pot, mix 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup water and 1/3 cup corn syrup and green coloring.
- Whisk together over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place a candy thermometer in the pan and continue cooking until the thermometer reaches 275°F.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately mix in the green apple flavoring.
- Quickly pour the mixture into a heat-proof measuring cup and then carefully pour it into the silicone gem mold.
- Let set until the gems are firm and cool and then pop them out of the mold.
- Repeat with remaining colors and flavors.
- TaDa! Take this Zelda Rupee Candy with you to Hyrule for an epic journey!